Wednesday 20 March 2019

Dysfunctional Romance! Plot & Reviews


Dysfunctional Romance!

Rom-Com Genre - "Absolutely THE funniest book I have ever read!"

(83 five star reviews on Amazon to-date!)

Previous No: 1 on Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com Kindle Humour/Humor charts!  

OVER 18'S ONLY!

PLOT
Barry Shaw’s whirlwind journey through life was shaped by the growing demands of a multitude of disorders, which meant he tended to clean things repeatedly and aggressively, before they had the chance to murder him!

Barry thrived on routine. If it hadn't happened before, it was unlikely to happen ever…until he collided into her that is. On that fateful day, as he walked to work, stepping from the centre of one pavement stone to the next, he crashed into Sandra Wiggins, who had also been discreetly avoiding the dreaded cracks. It was lust at first sight...love would have to wait. Apart, they were just weird, but together, they were pure mental!

This is the bittersweet, hilarious story of two human lovebirds destined to spend their calamitous lives together…until something extraordinary occurs that threatens to decimate what remains of their limited sanity. Welcome to the New World Order created when Barry met his Miss. Match!

QUOTES FROM THE BOOK:
"It's a fine line between love and hate. Hate and she wrings your neck. Love and you ring her finger!"
"The groom recommended his naked bride should leave her garter on in case she might get cold during the night."
"If he wanted to date someone from a mental asylum, she would be top of his list."
"Joanne flirted with men even in her sleep and was unaware of her libidinous behaviour most of the time."
"Barry's stubble had sprouted overnight, like ugly perennial weeds violating a well manicured lawn."

AMAZON REVIEWS:
"This book had me laughing from the first page to the last."
"I just loved this book, could not put it down, still reading at four in the morning, laughing out loud.”
"From the moment I read the blurb on this one, I knew I had to snag a copy."
"Made me LOL from the beginning right through till the very end. A happy feelgood book that I would highly recommend."
"I loved the story and all the characters. I was engaged from start to finish. Lots of fun plot lines and lots of laughs."
“This book was a great read from start to finish, it never got boring and was laugh out loud funny.”
“Not one to usually read popular novels, this rocked.”
“I read this book in one sitting, always a good sign. Laugh out loud funny.”
“Just the opening line had me in stitches and intrigued as to how the rest of the book was going to span out.”
“This book really is a laugh a minute book, very cleverly written and a definite page turner. A must read for anyone!”
“Great coffee time read with one-liners you'll find yourself repeating again and again!”


2014 Amazon 5* reviews:


5.0 out of 5 stars Ripping Yarn of fun, frolics and fortune telling, 9 Oct 2014
By
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Dysfunctional Romance! (Kindle Edition)

Bought this for a holiday read as my first paid for ebook (!!!) Well worth the money and what a great yarn. Ended too soon for me - I wanted to know what disaster would be happening next. I guess I'll have to get DR II to find out.




5.0 out of 5 stars I love it! Can't wait to read more from Derick, September 15, 2014
By
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Dysfunctional Romance! (Kindle Edition)

This is an entertaining look at the many faces of male/female relationships. I love it! Can't wait to read more from Derick.



5.0 out of 5 stars Again a great read.  24 Aug 2014
By
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Dysfunctional Romance! (Kindle Edition)

Again a great read. The last book I reviewed from Derick Hudson I gave it a "6" well I'm going 2 have 2 do that again!!!!! Was just another great read, so funny and mixed up! You have 2 get it yourself as if I were 2 tell you there wouldn't be any surprise's for you!!!!!! Doesn't cost much and if you don't like it I'll take the flack!!!!!


5.0 out of 5 stars Great book., 19 Aug 2014
By
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Dysfunctional Romance! (Kindle Edition)
Great book. Sandra and Barry are hilarious and make a brilliant couple. Can't wait to start reading about the next chapter in their lives and how they cope with the twins.


5.0 out of 5 stars Why can't I award 6 stars? 12 Aug 2014
By
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Dysfunctional Romance! (Kindle Edition)

Bloody hilarious! Until recently I had never heard of Derick Hudson but on the strength of this I will be buying everything he's written. Funny from start to finish. What more can I say? BUY IT. You won't regret it


5.0 out of 5 stars had the same great humor in the same vein and I'm looking forward ..., August 6, 2014
By
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Dysfunctional Romance! (Paperback)

This was an enjoyable read; I was uncertain on Sandra and Barry at first but grew to sympathize with them and recognize some of my own idiosyncrasies amongst the humor. Although I read Unholy Romance first, had the same great humor in the same vein and I'm looking forward to more of Sandra and Barry's adventures.



5.0 out of 5 stars HILARIOUS READ, 5 Aug 2014
By
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Dysfunctional Romance! (Kindle Edition)

This was so funny I think it's give me OCD, and to picture the scene of a tampon as a candle on a b/day cake causing a hot scene in a pub was just class.
I'm not sure what frustrated me most the constant capers of Barry's panic attacks just at the wrong time or the winning, losing and tracking down the lottery ticket.
But what a twist there was with that I was not expecting it but ingenious writing.



5.0 out of 5 stars sooo funny ..., 3 Aug 2014
By
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Dysfunctional Romance! (Kindle Edition)

Love Sandra and Barry.
I would love to have these two as my two best friends.
Sooo funny.
Loved that it was set in Dublin, Ireland.
Can't wIt for more.
A MUST read.


5.0 out of 5 stars not my genre of reading so happy I bought this book had me in stitches from ..., July 23, 2014
By
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Dysfunctional Romance! (Kindle Edition)
Funniest book ever, not my genre of reading so happy I bought this book had me in stitches from page one, the story line, stage, everyone in this book was funny, I loved how these two people had a platune of issues, but were never the underdog they were strong in their crazy which made them even funnier, go hard or go home...


5.0 out of 5 stars Heart warming, laugh out loud read!, 30 May 2014
By
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Dysfunctional Romance! (Kindle Edition)
Not my usual choice of book but I loved it and looking for the next one... I'm dying to know how our resident 'misfits' manage the daily struggles of parenthood!
Written with delightful humour and a real depth of knowledge and understanding of phobias and disorders that are usually ignored or shunned. A feel good story that makes you embrace diversity, I love it!


5.0 out of 5 stars loved it a must read, 2 May 2014
By
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Dysfunctional Romance! (Kindle Edition)
It's very hard to make someone laugh out loud while reading a book to do it consistently is almost impossible however Mr Hudson does it page after page.
Very funny book and great story, some great set ups and a sub plot will leave you on the edge of your seat


5.0 out of 5 stars OMG...EXCELLENT!!!, April 30, 2014
By
M. Nesbitt (JERSEY CITY, NEW JERSEY, United States) - See all my reviews
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Dysfunctional Romance! (Kindle Edition)
Wow, just finished reading Dysfunctional Romance and all I can say is hats off to Derick Hudson for another hit!! This book is full of crazy phobias, and actually managed to make me feel better about my OCD lol. I absolutely loved Sandra and Barry from the start, they are a crazy cool couple with some really strange ways that kept me cracking my side from laughing so hard. I also found best friend Rebecca quite comical as well. I found it really easy to follow each character, and the story was beautifully written. I loved it when they went to Jamaica…hilarious!! And the birth was CLASSIC!! If you’re looking for a story of budding relationship, love, marriage, wacky dogs, cute love birds and tons of humor, then this book is perfect!! Time for Dysfunctional Romance, “The Break up!”


5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read, 22 Mar 2014
By
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Dysfunctional Romance! (Kindle Edition)
A well written, light-hearted book. Really enjoyed it and would highly recommend it. Will definitely read more Derick Hudson novels.

  
5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 13 Mar 2014
By
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Dysfunctional Romance! (Kindle Edition)
This was such a good find, really enjoyed it, great humour and nothing too heavy in the storyline. Could read a whole series about this couple they're fab! Will be reading through other books by this author very soon!


5.0 out of 5 stars So funny, March 9, 2014
By
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Dysfunctional Romance! (Kindle Edition)
What a great book. It was truly a laugh out loud book. I was still laughing days later and still thinking about this crazy romantic comedy cracks me up. I already bought Dysfunctional Romance 2 :)


5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun read, 10 Feb 2014
By
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Dysfunctional Romance! (Kindle Edition)
This had me laughing out loud, cringing, all at the same time, really fab read and the characters were brilliant, I was hooked and literally couldn't put it down. Great book to lose yourself in. The sequel has been downloaded for reading next. Fantastic author


5.0 out of 5 stars A really fun read!, 28 Jan 2014
By
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Dysfunctional Romance! (Kindle Edition)
As a student at university, I have to do a lot of heavy reading so I needed a break. This book was fantastic. Very funny to read about the relationship between Barry and Sandra. I would highly recommend it as something light to read but still very funny and very quirky characters.


5.0 out of 5 stars Sandra Wiggins and Barry Shaw lost in their own little world.,February 3, 2014
By
jim mccarthy (LEVITTOWN, PA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dysfunctional Romance! (Kindle Edition)
Welcome to the wild and wacky world of Sandra Wiggins and Barry Shaw. "Dysfunctional Romance" by Derek Hudson is the hilarious story of two neurotic people that were just meant for each other. Barry Shaw is the loaner who works in an advertising agency. Sandra Wiggins works in a shady insurance company office. Neither have many friends and are very awkward dealing with the opposite sex. Then one day by the grace of a crack on the pavement these two got together into a relationship. Although neither can seem to see it, both of their lives take turn after turn for the worse. However Barry and Sandra are lost in their own little world. Sandra ends up pregnant and things get worse from there. So, Barry gets a trip to Jamaica together for the nuptials, regardless of the fact he hasn't any money to his name. I had a blast reading "Dysfunctional Romance". With each heartbreaking turn I'd ask myself how can these two be so oblivious to the real world. The characters are truly realistic and scream for sympathy. Book was a fantastic read from Derek Hudson. Hudson is fast becoming one of my favorite authors. Yes ! 5 stars out of 5 for "Dysfunctional Romance" Do not miss out on the Sandra and Barry story. You must read to believe.
  

5.0 out of 5 stars Just read it!!!, January 29, 2014
By
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Dysfunctional Romance! (Kindle Edition)
Extremely hilarious and oddly romantic! This was a wow moment for me!! Derick Hudson nails it on the head with this one!


5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh story line! January 28, 2014
By
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Dysfunctional Romance! (Kindle Edition)
Loved this book. Fresh story line, that moved along at a speedy clip. I even shared this story with my husband which I never do. This author is a breath of fresh air. Keep surprising us Mr. Hudson.


Check out all Amazon reviews here:
Amazon.co.uk

Amazon.com